I have some good news for you guys, putting together senior portrait outfits for guys is easier than you think! It basically comes down to choosing a shirt and pants that match, (though I’ll share a few ways you can dress it up and make it your own).
For a classy look consider the following senior portrait outfit ideas:
- Collared, button-down dress shirt
- Polo shirt
- Tie or bowtie
- Khakis or dark jeans
- Black or brown belt
- Dress shoes
For a casual vibe, try:
- Fitted, solid color t-shirt
- Flannel shirt
- Tennis shoes
Add a touch of personality:
- Pocket or wristwatch
- Sports jacket
- Sport uniform
Senior Portrait Outfit Tips For Guys
- Avoid slogans and logos, they look dated (and might not be allowed anyway!)
- Neutral colors and navy are timeless and look good on just about everyone!
- Make sure your clothes fit right. I know this sounds silly, but it’s important. If you aren’t sure, ask someone!
- If you want to look slimmer, wear darker colors, avoid horizontal stripes, and opt for layers.
- Dress up and down. Bring one classy outfit (for mom and grandma) and one casual. You might be surprised which on you like best!
Still stuck on what to wear? Check out my other article about what to wear for senior pictures. Or, if you hire me as your Rhode Island senior portrait photographer, you can text me your ideas and I’d be happy to give you more suggestions!
WANT TO TALK ABOUT Senior Portraits?
Schedule a no-obligation phone call and learn about your options for senior portraits. I can’t wait to talk with you and help you plan the perfect senior portrait session!