Choosing the right senior portrait outfit is a great way to feel comfortable and confident in front of the camera. Take a look at this list of senior portrait outfits for girls. Then, mix and match to make your perfect senior picture outfit!
For a classy look consider the following senior portrait outfits for girls:
- Long, flowy dress or skirt
- Dark, fitted jeans
- Airy sundress
- Heels, sandals, or boots
For a casual vibe, try:
- Fitted t-shirt
- Flannel shirt
- Tennis shoes
Add a touch of personality:
- Jewelry (necklaces, rings, earrings)
Senior Portrait Outfits For Girls: Tips & Tricks
- Avoid senior portrait outfits with slogans and logos. They won’t look classy and they might not be allowed!
- Stuck on a color palette? Neutral colors like tan, cream or gray, as well as blush and navy, are timeless. They look good on just about everyone! Accent your neutral outfit with a pop of color from your accessories.
- Make sure your clothes fit right. I know this sounds silly, but it’s important because you’re going to be moving around. If you aren’t sure, ask someone!
- If you want to look slimmer, wear darker colors, avoid horizontal stripes, and opt for layers. Layers are also great because they add interest and texture.
- Dress up and down. Bring one classy outfit and one casual. You might be surprised which one you prefer!
- Don’t forget about your hair, makeup and nails! Generally, hair is worn down for senior portraits as it makes for a more flattering look. It may be windy, so take that into consideration as well! Feel free to bring makeup or a hair brush to touch up as needed during your session.
Can’t decide what to wear? Check out my other post about what to wear for senior portraits. Also, if you hire me as your Rhode Island senior picture photographer, you’re welcome to text me questions and ideas. I’d be happy to give you more suggestions!
WANT TO TALK ABOUT Senior Portraits?
Schedule a no-obligation phone call and learn about your options for senior portraits. I can’t wait to talk with you and help you plan the perfect senior portrait session!